What do you think about this?

My DD recently celebrated her 1st Birthday. My cousin bought her a black baby doll. She told me she was trying to be Multi-cultural. I am Hispanic and DH is Italian. My DH thinks it's tacky of her to do this. As he said we are multicultural and don't need her pressing us about it. He thought it was a joke! Personally, it doesn't bother me. It bothers DH.

What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ehh....what would bother me about it is someone trying to push something on my child. I dont have a problem with my kids playing the dolls of different races but IMO its not someone elses place to buy them one for the purpose of "teaching"...KWIM?
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think it's an odd gift, but I wouldn't be offended. I might also assume it was a joke at first, but I would keep it in my childs rotation of toys and hope it would be played with like the rest of the toys. I think it's good to raise children to not focus on differences, so why not start early?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree with abbynzachsmommy.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It's just a doll. But it is a little silly to buy it for a child that age who most likely is too young to get the multi-cultural lesson behind it.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 12:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009