so why is it still called "music television"

shouldn't MTV change its name to "dumb reality show television" lol jk about the dumb part some of them are pretty funny, even if you can tell some are fake (like next) but really, whats so 'music' about it? :p

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was there for the offical launch of the first video, I don't think Mtv has been music television since 1988! It is rediculous!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Because it started out as a channel for music videos....but now plays more (and produces more) "reality" shows than anything else.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yeah, I know! Years ago it used to be "music televison" where they would show videos and concerts all day.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lmoa i think "parental control" is funnnnnnnnny! those actors are HORRIBLE!!! 'next' is funny ... "sex w/ mom and dad" is FUNNY too lol , just ... idk some things that get talked about make me laugh lol ... but now mtv jams , and those other higher music channels are
    ALL music all day
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lol, I hardly ever watch MTV anymore, but I used to love Say what karaoke? but now I dont really watch it often. Does anybody remember that show? lol I used to always put it on when i was getting ready for school to listen to music.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• They still show music videos but only when normal people are asleep..lol If you're up that early which is like 6 to 10 am I personally don't want to hear music at 6 in the morning and between 8 and 10 my kiddies are watching cartoons..
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Must admit, I agree, I've wondered this for absolutely years. So you want to have a couple shows that aren't immediately music related, fine, but there is rarely any music on MTV.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• mommyBrooke849--u remember it too?!?!!? no one remembers it! everytime i used to mention it no one knew wth i was talking about =( lol i loooooooved it lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009