I am wondering if anyone can help me i am having troubles with money and need clothes and items for my 8 month old girl? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont have any cloths...sorry ;) But I thought I would tell you that you can find wonderful deals at the thrift stores. Cloths for 1 or 2 dollars each.....lots of it is nice stuff.... ;) just a suggestion.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try finding a Goodwill around you. There are also consignment store like Once Upon a Child and Kid 2 Kid that are more picky then Goodwill about what they take. Go to their websites to see if there is one close to where you live. And yard sales are awesome, too!
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• try your church (or any church in your area if your not active in one)...ours accepts donations all the time. They have families registered with them to give the donations to.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 11:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try Kid to Kid, I work there and its a great store! Its not consignment.. And we're about to have our semiannual sale in July, so everything is going to be on sale, and you can get some super great deals. I would check it out, we're super picky on what we take, so everything is really nice, good quality. I know my store won't take anything with even a slight stain unless its exceptionally adorable.
    eeyore530

Answer by eeyore530 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I don't really have clothes because my daughter is the same age so she is still wearing them, but what items do you need???
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My daughter is only 2 months old but she was giving a mess load of clothes for when shes bigger so if your interestd let me know
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try joining a Freecycle group in your area. Find one at www.Freecycle.com. You can also look on Craigslist, or a lot of churches will help you out. Good luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 1:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Goodwill, SAVERS, Salvation Army and if you know anyone in the military on base there is normally a thrift store. My uncle was in the Air Force and he bought my crib at the thrift store for 20 bucks. We also got tons of blankets, crib sheets, and MASS amounts of clothing from SAVERS. I dont know if you have one where you are located. But it never hurts to look. I have a few new things for my son but most is second hand stuff that we found for 50 cents in thrift stores.. With SAVERS they have a deal where everyday one color (the tags on clothes are different colors) is 1/2 off! So for all the clothes that are .50 cents.. THERE YOU GO! I walk in with 30 bucks and out with TONS of clothes and necessities for my son!
    WalkerBaby1

Answer by WalkerBaby1 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Is there a church near you, that you would feel comfortable attending? Most church groups have women's groups - more than happy to help a young mom clothe, and assist with furnishings for babies. It's a blessing to them, if you ask for the help.
    25beengoodtome

Answer by 25beengoodtome at 2:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Have you contacted any local social services agencies? If you are in Chicago, please contact me and I can point you in the right direction.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009