presents!!!

tuesday is the last day of school. i already gave to a contribution in the class to get the teacher something.should i get her something else from me and my daughter.how do you teachers out there feel about this???

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• JMO,,,,Teachers get a salary(a paycheck).They get payed all summer,and they are not even working.....I don't agree with giving a teacher a gift . JMO

Answer by louise2 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• ok jmo...i will appreciate that.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I don't give gifts to teachers, either. I agree with louise2 on that one. If there were something special about a teacher I would consider it. Like if they helped my child through a tough time or went above and beyond for my child, I would get them a gift, but that has not happened yet. If you feel obligated, I'd say chipping in for a gift is plenty. Could you imagine being a teacher getting a gift from each student every year? After a few years it would get ridiculous! I'm sure a few would stand out, and I think the class gift would have more of an impact that way.
    Anonymous