temping....

should i still temp vaginally the same way as orally? this is new to me, well temping in general is new for me. any advice. I have been up since 8 this morning and took my temp just now and it is 99.52 F.

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• can you temp vaginally i heard anal and orally and by your ear never by your vagina try it see what happens guess good luck to you
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oral because you need to take your temp BEFORE gettin out of bed in the morning, remember the stress, the room temp, etc can have an effect on the results but it should only be slight. Start the basel body method the first day of your period, doing it the same time and location. Continue to do this for 3-4 months, your temp should drop just before ovulation then increase.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You can temp vaginally. Your just going to have to be consistant in the way that you temp (chose one method for temping vaginal, oral, under arm, rectal). Your also going to want to do it first thing in the morning before you do anything else and try to keep it at about the same time.
    Anonymous

• Why would you want to temp vaginally when you can temp orally? This makes no sense to me, I would just stick to the old fashioned way.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i temp and if ur going to start temping u need to do it before u get up every morning and thats everyday without stopping . they say temping vaginal is more accurate then oral
    but its how u feel about it. i temp oral and since Jan I know when i ovulate and everything. one thing though... weather u temp vaginal or oral. u have to stick with the it. u cant temp vag. then oral it has to be the same way always.
    blueorpink

Answer by blueorpink at 9:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009