I feel so bad. I yelled at my daughter this morning.

I feel awful and can't stop thinking about yelling at my daughter. She gets me so mad sometimes. What should I do? I'm I a bad parent now?

MWood123

Asked by MWood123 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do you truly feel that you are a bad parent?? I don't think you do...I think you're just looking for some reassurance. In that case, if you don't do it on a daily basis then no, you're not. Everyone loses their patience sometimes. None of us are perfect. If you truly feel that bad about it, then go apologize to her. Tell her, "Mommy is sorry for yelling at you earlier, but you need to do what you're told the first time I ask. okay??""
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Just tell her you are sorry for yelling at her and give her a hug. Kids forgive easily. Tell her that even adults screw up and you should have talked to her about whatever it was and not yelled at her.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies here. I think we say a lot to our kids when we tell them we are sorry. We are teaching them it is okay to make mistakes, and we are owning up to them.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 3:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2009