Daughter having their first period - HELP!

My daughter came home from school and she is talking about Zack16.com. I believe this is a new site for teens to share their feeling during their first period. Haso anyone heard of this? Do you think it's okay to use to discuss with my daughter?

your help is appreciated.

CjBrink

Asked by CjBrink at 11:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• ive never heard of it did you ask her about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I just looked at the site breifly, and it doesn't look to me like it has anything to do with a first period! So I don't know.
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 11:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I guess you have talk to your DD about her period and why she has one and what it is for and sex and all that stuff??

Answer by louise2 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Went to that web site..It has nothing to do with girls and there periods..Your DD is lieing to you.

Answer by louise2 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I just briefly looked at the site too. It looks like a teen run site about all things teen related. I would have to look at it a lot more in depth before I allowed my DD to use it.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Just talk to her and ask questions with out sounding overly protective. Ask her about this site and that she can talk to other teens but never to give out too much personal information, that is when you say...That is when you come in...I can help on the personal questions/info.

Oh and don't for get to mention now that she has started her period she can easily get pregnant. (Not that she is having sex, but damn the way the world is today you never know).

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Lets take out the fact that the main character is a guy ( which is comical , but may help take off the edge that some girls go through with their first period). The site does talk about first periods and how we sometimes feel and that awkwardness going through puberty. If you haven't checked out the site you should.
    Lotstodo08

Answer by Lotstodo08 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• After all if we have time to be here on cafemom we have time to check what site our kids are visiting. Right?
    Lotstodo08

Answer by Lotstodo08 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Cute sight. I wonder if it is hosted by Tampax? When i was a kid we had Judy Bloom.
    Anonymous

• just talk to her about it and dont make her feel like this is a bad thing. Be open and honest about the whole. One thing you should not do is call every one in the family and tell them your little girl is a women now. My mother did that and lets just say I was not happy about it and I never talked to her about any thing personal again.
    shots1971

Answer by shots1971 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009