When losing body fat why does it seem like I lost alittle of fat but everyone says I just lost water off my body?

After a good workout I feel like I lost some fat I know it won't be noticable right away atleast it makes me feel good to see that much...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Usually the first week of weight loss is water weight. If you stay on your diet consistantly, after the first week it is probably fat.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You body actually excretes fat through your 'waste disposal' over time. Any changes you see in your weight immediately after a workout are a result in water loss through perspiration and indicate how much more fluid you need to take in to avoid symptoms of dehydration. The best way to determine how much actual weight you've lost is to weigh yourself at the same time every day wearing the same or simliar weight in clothing.
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 12:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009