So you've just recently had a baby....

Hi mommas...I am 37 weeks tomorrow and anxious to meet my son. I was wondering if you were willing to share: what you felt like a week, days, even hours before you realized you were in labor and your delivery story? I try to keep up with my July Babies group and love the stories of the babies born in June. I haven't had any progress with my cervix dialating or anything...yet...but I can definately tell that my body is doing some funky things. I love to hear your labor/baby stories..my youngest one is 8 so it's been about 9 years since I gave birth, my oldest will be 13 in August so I am a little rusty. I don't remember much of my labor with my 13 year old and my youngest was induced at 34 weeks because of my water leaking. Thanks for Sharing and congrats on your little one!!!

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my daughter almost 4 weeks ago, she was 10 days late. 4 days leading up to when she was born I came THIS CLOSE to going to the hospital because each night pretty regular contractions would start. She is my first so I really didn't know what to expect, but I was so afraid of getting to the hospital and having them tell me it was false labor, so I didin't want to go until I was sure...so after all these nights with contractions on my 10th day past my due date I had no contractions at all and I decided that maybe this baby would never come!! I was to be induced the following week and was sure I wouldn't have her before then. I went to bed after my first night with no contractions feeling like I was going to be pregnant forever and woek up an hour later with REAL contractions...went to the hospital, got my epidural and ended up with a csection 14 hours later...didn't love the cesection but I can't complain...she's perfect!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I really didn't feel any different with my first two. I just started having contractions with my first during the night and with my second, my water broke during the night. I can't say I really felt any different up to those times of going into labor. They were both born 2 days before their due date. My third I didn't feel any different along with no cervical change and was finally induced 11 days after his due date. Good Luck!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I remember before my 3rd baby born, I dreamed about her. She was overdue & born at 41 weeks, 2 days & this dream was about 3 days before her birthday. It was a very specific dream in that I saw her face perfectly. She had dark hair & violet blue eyes & there was something wrong with her, but I couldn't tell what in my dream. When she was born, she had dark hair (it later turned blonde) & violet blue eyes & she had breathing problems & had to go to the NICU. It was so scary but I felt like everything was going to be ok because I had already met this little person & knew all about her. She is 5 now & no problems at all. Congrats on your baby & good luck!!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• About a week before I started to feel yucky. I had a really easy pregnancy, no morning sickness or any real symptoms, so I knew something wasn't right. I would be out in public and suddenly feel really nauseous and out of it. These spells happened a few times. Also, I lost some of my mucus plug about a week before but lost a big glob the day I went into labor. My contractions started out very slowly around 6:00pm I only had a few and then they progressed for the whole rest of the day/night. I had her at 7:00am the next morning. I never had any Braxton Hicks or contractions before the day I went into labor. Since I used midwives my cervix wasn't regularly checked, but I think I was at about 2 cms. or something > I had c-section due to breech, but they said had I had a vaginal birth, I would have progressed within that day.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009