How do you feel about this?

Letter to the editor: “Andrea Keene’s selective morality is once again
showing through in her July 15 letter. This time she expresses her abhorrence
of abortion. But how we see only what we choose to see! I wonder
if any of the anti-abortionists have considered the widespread use of
fertility drugs as the moral equivalent of abortion, and, if they have,
why they haven’t come out against them, too. The use of these drugs
frequently results in multiple births, which leads to the death of one
of the infants, often after an agonizing struggle for survival. According
to the rules of the pro-lifers, isn’t this murder?”
— North-State Record
(I stole this from somebody) lol but its a good point of view. Do you feel that this is murder? Im speaking to prolifers, and im speaking about selective reduction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No this is not murder. Every woman deserves a chance to be a mother and this is what some people have to go through to get their baby. Its not like they get pregnant and then purposely choose to abort it. This is an absolute ridiculous question. When people us fertiitly drugs they go into it trying to have a baby- not have a miscarriage. What your saying is like saying the same thing about the mothers who have a history of miscarriages and yet still try to have a child. I would never ever say they should just stop trying. Because its not on purpose they are losing the child. Imagine the pain they feel. Its unselfish pain. Its the pain of losing an unborn child.People who have abortions are doing it for selfish reasons. Because they are only thinking of themselves.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I don't think fertility drugs are a good idea. I am not in complete favor of abortion unless medically necessary and definately not third trimester but I don't go preaching about it. Fertility drugs often result in preemies too.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes selective reduction is murder!

I am the mother of twins and had a woman tell me that even though she opted for selective reduction because she didn't want twins she still considered herself a mother of twins... sorry but no.
    Anonymous

• My opinion. Oh, and I am not interested in getting into a religious debate. I have to leave soon.

On abortion: God gave us a 100% reliable method of birth control. It is called "keeping your pants up." If you aren't ready for the responsiblity of a child you shouldn't be engaging in sexual behavior. Doesn't the Bible teach us that we have the responsiblity of caring for and raising our families?

On fertility drugs: God also gave us knowlege. Those that developed other methods for getting pregnant got their knowledge from God. Doesn't the Bible itself tell us to be fruitful and multiply?

On selective reduction: Abortion is murder. I personally could not do it. I do understand there may be a need to save the lives of the other babies or the mother. The choice for that is between the mother and God.

Statistically there are a LOT more "birth control" abortions than there are "selective reductions."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well, I thought that "selective reduction" and abortion were one and the same.... I never knew that some people thought that there was a difference. Just because the procedure name is different doesn't mean that they don't do the exact same thing.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• wait..... I guess if you have 15 babies growing inside you then it could be a medical threat to the mother. That's the only difference that I can think of between selective reduction abortions and regular abortions.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thats rediculous. The left will go as far as stupid to try and make the pro lifers look like nuts. To bad it only backfires.
    The fact is most Dr.s are very concious of how many embryos are implanted and because of this the incidence of these crazy multiple births is very very low. Even if it happened the mother still has a choice. They don't have to abort anything if they choose not to. So no abortion....... Ummmm what was it you were saying?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• honestly abortion, pro life and all the rest of that NEEDS to NOT be handled by the government.. that is just opening up the door so the government can control what we do as far as raising our children.
    Anonymous

• So what about all the frozen embryos that are out there? What's everyone's take on those?
    Anonymous

• No, I don't feel that using infertility drugs are or could be considered murder. I see the use of fertility drugs as a desperate choice for couples trying to conceive. The multiple fertilization and implanting of embryos, yes. that can be considered murder, IMO. ( at least one is expectedt to not thrive.)
    25beengoodtome

Answer by 25beengoodtome at 2:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009