Weight or wait

My dd is 7. She has always had a "soft" look. She dances for exercize. She also loves food. She is certainly not overweight but as a parent I see the potential for her to become that way. At what age do you talk about calorie intake?

MommyId

Asked by MommyId at 12:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My dd is 7 and has a bigger build as well. She isn't fat by any means just softer as you say. She is on swim team and I make sure she gets plenty of outside play time. I never talk about calories, but healthy choices instead. We have talked about grow food, and how she has to have 2 fruits or veggies with each meal. I try to lead a healthly lifestyle myself..so after dinner we may go for a walk together or if we are getting a sno cone we will walk there.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009