face primer

I am looking for a really good face primer that I can use before applying my makeup. I have tried the Estee Lauder but it breaks my skin out. What do you use & why is it your favorite?

onespecialmom

Asked by onespecialmom at 12:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use the bare minerals prime time. I love it. I do use their foundation to tho so I am not sure how it would work with other foundations. It really keeps my makeup on and my face from getting oily, no breakouts either.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Avon face perfecter or perfection it makes my pores apear smaller.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I use Philosophy primer. It is awesome. They make a few - one called Supernatural, which is lightly tinted and can be used with or without foundation, and one called The Present, which seals in your moisturizer and keeps dirt and pollutants off your skin. Love them both.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i use one from rimmel. it seems to be as good as any of the others. and not expensive. then i use smoky mountain mineral base on top
    pammd

Answer by pammd at 1:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I love the Avon Magix Face Perfector. I sell Avon and recommend this one to everyone! Its the best one I've tried and its only $10! I like it because you can instantly see shine fade and it keeps you shine free all day long which is nice in the summer! Its also very good at making your pours look smaller and helps keep your makeup in place. I also like that it has SPF 20 in it. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I don't actually use one, but Clinique gave me one for free during one of their freebie sales, so I used it. I love it. Try theirs. It's really light too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• This are all really good information. I will definitely check out all of them! I would love to find that I can be happy with. Primer really does make a difference!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 6:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Smashbox baby! You can buy a little tube to try it out. Sephora sells it in store and on-line.
    OOSoul

Answer by OOSoul at 1:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Honestly the best primer I have ever used (and most affordable) is Monistat Chafing Gel. I know it sounds totally weird, but it works great.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2009