Question to moms with kids in baseball.

This is my dd's first time in baseball. My DD had a game last week. Her team was winning. 15 minutes into the game it starts pouring and they call the teams in. Minutes later, they say the game is cancelled, or it was "called off", dont know what that means. They are playing again tonight. My question is, do they start all over or do they finish playing with the score they have now?

My dd's team has not yet won ONE game!!!

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My 3 kids play baseball/softball...got my 8 year old in coach pitch, my 12 year old daughter in softball (girls minors) and my almost 13 year old son in boys majors. They did that at my son's championship game..it rained out. In his case the had just started the first inning, and both teams were tied 1-1, they stopped the game because the boys were slipping on the wet mountain and they were afraid the pitcher was going to get hurt. 10 minutes later they game was called off-but it was re-scheduled. Our boys did have to start over..the other team was ticked off because it was a new week and all of our pitchers were able to pitch again (they are only allowed to pitch a certain amount of innings in one week). We didn't win the championship but they played a good game. I've learned alot of baseball lingo, trying to learn the softball, they have different rules.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Wow thanks, that was helpful ! This is a playoff game.
    Thanks!!
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009