i'm stuck. not sure which is best breastfeeding or bottle feeding? any advice

breastfeeding or bottle feeding

froggiedee

Asked by froggiedee at 12:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone will say that breastfeeding is better because of the immunities and antibodies that the baby gets from mom to fight off infections. I've done both with both my boys. I think it's just personal preference. However, studies have shown that breastfeeding is better for the baby.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• breastfeeding.

Bottle feeding only has benefits for the mom. Breastfeeding has benefits for the mom and the baby.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Most peditricians say breast milk is better than formula. If the idea of having a baby feeding off your boob makes you uncomfortable, pump and put into a bottle.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• breast feeding is free..... we saved a lot in the first few weeks because I breast fed.... I really kind of had a hard time but I figured the longer I could feed him for free the better.... and it was always there...

I would say try.. if it doesn't work after a week or two then go to the bottle...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Breastfeeding is best -- handsdown. Better for you, better for baby.

Breastmilk is better for baby's immune system, brain development, and is FAR easier on the digestive tract. It's also been shown to reduce the risk of mom getting cancer.

However, there's no shame in formula-feeding if that's the best choice for you & your family.

Formula isn't going to hurt anyone.... and if it's what you have to do, or WANT to do, that's your choice to make.

Personally speaking --- I did both.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Breast is best. Breast will allllllways be best.

But if breastfeeding doesn't work out for you, that's okay too. You are not a horrible mother and your child will not end up malnourished or stupid because you formula feed. I am a proud formula feeding mom.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• one of the best decisions I have made as a mom so far is to breastfeed my babies. There are so many reasons to do it. check out www.llli.org, www.kellymom.com and breastfeeding moms on CM. There are a lot of resources out there for you on breastfeeding and why it's better for you and baby.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I say breastfeeding. You owe it to your baby to at least try. It is so much more healthy and convienient. My Daughter is 12 months and I am just weaning her off, she has been sick 1 time since birth with a cold. My Friends baby is formula fed and is sick all the time, they both are NOT in daycare. I think that formula is getting more and more healthy but it will never compare 100% to breast milk.
    Anonymous

• Breastfeeding is better for your baby. It's also better for you...helps your uterus go down faster and decreases your chances of ever having breast cancer.

Breastfeeding is also free, always the right temperature, and you never have to sterilize a bottle.

I put together a bunch of information to help moms decide whether to breastfeed or not. Maybe it'll help you: http://www.squidoo.com/isbreastfeedingforme
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Everyone will tell you breast feeding is best....but sometimes it just doesn't work for you. Don't let anyone pile guilt on you if you chose to bottle feed...both my kids are healthy and happy and we had absolutely no issue bonding.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 1:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009