Do you make "heavy" food for lunch, or do you stick to light stuff...or do you just not care?

I mean "heavy" as in beef and pork, you know, red meat and potatoes type food. I myself am making some weird concoction of mushrooms and three colors of bell peppers with grilled tilapia on top. I like to pretend I'm a chef :-B

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like to try to make heavy foods. I think it's healthier to eat a larger meal in the middle of the day then at night. But i find it hard to come up with the time during the middle of the day to do that. And its not even close to lunch time now so i dont have to worry about it. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yeah! That's my problem. I usually cook whatever whenever the mood strikes, but it's hard to stand by a stove while taking care of a kid, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Since lunch is usually a faster meal- things to do, places to be, - I make a light meal or smaller portions of leftovers. The evening meal is usually the end of the day, so it is a more elaborate meal eaten more leisurely. However I do agree that the biggest meal should be in the middle of the day.

Answer by Bmat at 12:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We often don't really eat lunch. We eat breakfast, then around lunchtime we'll have some yogurt, and we eat dinner rather early. If we are not eating dinner early, then I will make lunch, but it's usually things like pb&j, or a hot pocket, or tuna fish, maybe some soup if it's a rainy day. I know the heaviest meal should be early or in the middle of the day, but I just can't do it. I am not hungry enough in the morning to eat more than cereal or maybe bacon and eggs on a good day, and lunch time...well, in the summer it's so hot here that eating can make you feel really ill if you go outside afterward, for any length of time, so lighter is better.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• For lunch I usually always only make lighter things like fried rice or veggie pancakes stuff like that since it is only me and my 2 year old dd...
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 2:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• No heavy lunches for me. Usually the same old boring lunch stuff. Sandwich or salad or soup, that kind of thing. I don't really eat heavy dinners either. Usually a lean meat and lots of grilled or roasted veggies and a salad.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• it's usually leftovers from last night or sandwiches. I only make big meals in the evening
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We don't eat any meat. We don't eat any simple grains.
    Lunch is usually a big salad and some soup. Dinner is usually something with veggies and either pasta or rice.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• for me its usually a leftover meal but the kids have a light lunch.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I usually skip luch, no actually I skip breakfast, have a lunch...whatever I am in the mood for and then dinner is whatever my son feels like eating. Sometimes dinner is just cereal because we had a big lunch. All depends on the day and the mood.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009