any potty training advice for a 2 1/2 yr old girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her do it when she's ready. If you try to make her do it on your time-table instead of hers, it's going to be a VERY long & bumpy road.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Stay away from pull ups like they are the plague.
    Let her pick out her own underwear.
    Offer reward every time she goes. (a couple M&M's, a tattoo, dollar store toys, etc)
    Easy clothes (my girls hated wearing dresses because they thought they had to take the whole dress off to go pee LOL)
    PATIENCE!!!!!!!
    Good luck!!!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm in the same boat...only with my son. I HAVE to have him trained by the end of the summer or he can't go to pre school (and I loose my money). We started out ok...he was really excited about it but now he's bored with sitting and is fighting me every step of the way. I'm so frustrated I could cry. I'm starting a job this week and won't have all day to do this anymore...my mom(who'll be caring for him) is going to help...but he's just NOT interested!!!

let me know if you get any advice that helped...I'm desperate!
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 1:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• relax. Have the potty available ask every thirty minutes if they need to use the potty. Or if you feel comfortable have them in the bathroom when you use the restroom. When they are on the toilet it helps if they have a book or a magazine for them to look at. Good Luck
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 2:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I sat my boys down every 20-30 minutes and sang songs i made up about pee in the poty. Sat him down for 5 minutes. Eventually, one of those intervals, he would go. I did start them early at 1.5years old. use underwears and when he/she wets herself, explain why they need to go to the potty.. pee in the potty not in your undy. Reward and make a big fuse about going in the potty. lots of patience BUT CONSISTENCY AND DETERMINATION. Kids are creatures of habbit. Create a routine and habbit. good luck
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Let her do it when she's ready. My daughter showed absolutely no interest, so I figured I wouldn't see any progress until after her 3rd b-day when she up and surprised me by starting to use her potty. That was a little after she turned 2 1/2. When she does go, praise the heck out of her and just keep it a positive experience. Also, get her panties with her favorite characters on them, my daughter just loves her panties and doesn't want to do anything to mess them up. She'll be 3 in August and only wears diapers for bed and usually for #2. She still doesn't like the bother of waiting for her poo, so she tells me to put a dipe on for her to go in. I just go with it, I know when she's ready, she'll do that in the potty as well.
    Elsasmom

Answer by Elsasmom at 5:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009