due date/kinda long

I know the baby will come when he is ready but for me my daughter was born at 36 weeks(healthy and good weight thank god) but it was scary. I would like to have an idea when I'm due. My OB is telling me I was measuring at 26 1/4 weeks the other day and he is going by the first u/s I had(which said 8 weeks) and due date of 9/19/2009. Well I used a pregnancy calculator on line that gives you predicted ovulation, the weeks your in and estimated due date. I put in LMP as 11/23/08 and it gave me likely conception during 12/4/08-12/8/08 with an EDD of August 30th. Well that's when I think I got pregnant too(around there). If I put in the doctors dates it said likely conception the week of January 10th which would only put me at 22 1/2 weeks. I'm just worried because if I go early again I just want to make sure he's big enough. My cycles were 28 days. I had spotting on Dec 27th, 2008 for a few days and I told them that at my cont....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first appointment so they are using that as my LMP. Well if I had a period at the end of Nov and ovulated around Dec 4-8 and was supposed to be due for my period at the end of DEC but only had a few days of spotting they use that as LMP?? I then put in the due date the OB gave me and it said likely conception according to those dates would be DEC 22-28(but I had spotting on the 27 of DEC) so i had to conceive before that? Could the ultrasound I had the first appt been off? Both my kids were only 6 pounds 8 ounces(he was term) and 6 pounds 6 ounces(36 weeks) so I don't carry big kids anyway.
    Anonymous

• anyone???
    Anonymous

• Sorry im in the same boat. I started out at 16 weeks then to 5 then to 10. So idk. i have an ultrasound today.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for someone at least responding! It's pretty sad when people will respond to a kate and jon post but not a legit question.
    Anonymous

• Well 6 lbs 6 oz for a 36 weeker is a pretty darn good size baby to me (would have been about 8 1/2 pounds full term)

The u/s at the beginning can always be off but it is weird that it is 3 weeks off (going from the EDD of 8/30 that you come up with and the EDD of 9/19 that it came up with) because at 8 weeks of what they are saying that would put you 11 weeks according to your period.

I dont really have any advice for you on your due date becuase I dont know if what you were calling "spotting" was really a period or not. But... when a baby is born early the main concern is NOT the weight so try to not worry about whether your baby will be "big enough" And just because your last one was born early doesnt mean this one will be too. But... if they are wrong on your due date and your baby is really born on time, they are going to call it a 37 weeker
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm pretty much in the same boat. My last "REAL" period was November 28th. In december I had that feeling that I was pregnant, yet I didn't have any real symptoms yet. On December 26th (2 days before my normal period would start), I spotted for a few days. I have endometriosis so when I get my period, I KNOW! I usually have terrible pain and bleed alot. I got my positive pregnancy tests in January. When I went to the doctor they tried conviencing me that the spotting was a period, but I still think it wasn't and it could have been implantation bleeding. At my first U/S, they put in the date of the spotting, rather than measuring to see how far along I am so the due date of October 2nd has stuck since then. My last appointment my doctor did admitt that she doesn't think I will make it to october so somewhere between September 6th and October 2nd I could give birth.
    I don't pay much attention to it, She'll come when shes ready
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just take it as it comes.
    Anonymous