does the carseat have to be in the middle of the backseat or is the side ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The middle is the safest.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• middle is reccomended however if you have two babies how could they both be in the middle lol
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Middle is safest, but like with my car the middle seat kinda indents a little if that makes sense, and the car seat hangs off, so obviously I'm not gonna put my baby there.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• The safest place is the seat where you get the best install.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If your seat installs safely and securely in the middle, that's where it absolutely needs to be.
    However, if it gets a better, tighter install on the side (known as an outboard position), then it's safer there. The safest place IS the rear middle, but if it installs better outboard, that's even more important.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My daughters carseat has been installed on the side since she was born. shes almost 9 months old now. I sit in the backseat with her though. And my hubby drives.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have twins and I have no chose but to put one on the side. there father or i will sit at the other end. but with i think anyway. carseats have this part that puts the seat belt down to make it more like a middle seat belt and we always no matter what we use the bace of the carseat. but it is alot safer for the little one to be in the middle of the back seat.
    angeltwinpain

Answer by angeltwinpain at 7:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2009