my son has a red bumpy rash that has been on his face, chest, legs and is now on the outside of his arms by his elbows, anyone have any suggestions on what it could be?

seems a little red but doesnt seem to be bothering him.

RyleesMama307

Asked by RyleesMama307 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be either heat rash, or eczema. Google eczema to get pics of it.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My guess would be heat rash. Is there a chance that it could be poison ivy? Although that itches. I had an allergy to strep a number of years ago that was like what you described, but it also itched terribly. Could it be roseacea perhaps (spelling.) I'd recommend taking him to the doctor since you don't know what it is.

Answer by Bmat at 12:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• it could be eczema. my little boy gets rashes on him bc he has it. if it is dont let them itch it bc it will make it worse. try eucerin cream that stuff works good it dont have any fragrance in it so it wont burn. or u could take him to the doctor and they will perscribe a cream and it works good.
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My son got a viral rash - he it was spots on various places and it didn't bother him at first then started to itch - I used oatmeal baths that helped- but the Ped said it would take time to go away - it took like a week or a week and a half. but it also "could " have been a reaction to amoxicillon
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I sounds like excema. Keep him well hydrated; don't give him any dairy; keep baths cool, infrequent and short, keep the areas well moisturized (you can even use olive oil)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Roseola. (Sixths Disease)
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• 5th disease....
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2009