Is the movie UP good? Taking dd who is 7 to see it.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thought it was AMAZING. My fiance and I love the Pixar movies.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I loved it, more than my kids did...lol. WONDERFUL touching movie!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I LOVED this movie. DH and I took our 4 year old dd to see it, and she thought it was funny. So did we.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My ex took DS age 6 & DD age 5 to see it last weekend & they loved it. They have been talking about it all week.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I haven't seen it (want to) but I did hear the first half hour is REALLY sad.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I liked it. Very cute.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm hearing a LOT of people are really upset and mad about that first 30 minutes -- there is a miscarriage, and the wife's death. Other people and their kids are okay with that, and then, some kids don't really register it at all. If your daughter is the type to get too upset over stuff like that, you should skip it -- or talk to her about it in advance so she will know what to expect. But from the outrage I am hearing from some moms, I wouldn't feel that hearing "oh it's sad at the beginning" is enough to base an informed decision on, if it were me.

I personally don't go to many Pixar movies because that animation style is usually too jarring to my sensory issues, and I rarely can enjoy it, no matter what the movie is.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I LOVED the movie and so did my kids. My daughter is 5, and my boys are 10 and 12 and they all loved it. It is pretty sad at the beginning, but the rest of the movie is great!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009