I AM EXPECTTI A CHILD IN SEPTEMBER I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT HER MOVEMENT TIMES?

SHE ONLY MOVES AND KICKS AT NIGHT WHILE I AM TRYING TO SLEEP AND IN THE MORNING WHEN I FIRST GET UP. DOES THIS MEAN SHE WILL BE A NIGHT CHILD AND SLEEP DURING THE DAY AND NOT AT NIGHT WHEN SHE IS BORN?

MOM2B-TY

Asked by MOM2B-TY at 12:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not usually. During the day when you're moving around, babies tend to fall asleep. Then at night when you're finally winding down, they find that it's time to play. When she's born she'll be sleeping about 20 hours a day! You can only hope that she'll be a baby that will sleep through the night after a few weeks, but she will wake up a few times during the night for quite some time, some much longer than others.
    Anonymous

• My son would kick more at night but it was just because I was more relaxed at night, he didn't stay up all night and sleep all day when he was born , I think you'll be ok
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my son was like that but i am a waitress and they say when your active and moving they sleep. like your rocking them, so when you lie down at night they are awake, but my son sleeps pretty good so hopefully his patterns now will change once she is born, good luck
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009