Where is the stink?!?

My bathroom smells! I mean it really stinks. I clean and clean and clean until the whole bathroom is spotless and sanatized....But it still stinks! What am I missing? There aren't any pipes leaking or anything. Am I missing something?

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 12:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I say drains too or maybe the seal at the base of the toilet. Pour a can of condensed tomato soup into unclogged, clean drains one night before bed. The next am rinse & then pour baking soda down the drain, let set an hour or so & rinse. I also use lemon juice down drains on occasion. Check the seal under the toilet on the floor. You can't see it, it is the rubber that is under the base of the toilet. THOSE can get NASTY with the best of cleaning habits. It might need to be replaced.

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have had that happen to me twice. One time it was the bathmat that had molded underneath.

The other time it was the sink drain, it was partially blocked and holding stinky smells.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would say the catch under your sink.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would check the drains. Especially the bathtub drain if you have long hair. If that is the problem you can get a little mesh shield to put over your drain that catches hair at Home Depot or Lowes. It has really helped in our tub as I have thick, long hair.

This is what it looks like

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u353907
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• check the drains, bathmat and shower curtin, (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009