Do u find urself?

Do u find urself letting ur little one watch more movies/DVDs on rainy days? I do and this year has been a very rainy year for us so I feel guilty that I am always putting them in to keep her entertained. Shes 18 mo and absolutly loves the outdoors but hates rainy days :(

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, and its nothing to feel BAD about if you are only doing it more on rainy days. As long as she gets to go outside and play on sunny days, it's fine. It's raining here in Washington today. I knew it was going to rain, so I took DD to the playground for an hour and a half yesterday, played chase with her, played in the rocks, all that. Now today she is watching cartoons, and we are going to go to the library.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yeah, I have to admit I do. He is an outside kid and would spend every waking moment out there if he could, so I don't feel so bad when we are forced into the house. I'm so used to being out in the yard (we have a few acres) with him that its hard to transition into being inside, so I end up putting a movie on more often than I should. *shrugs* This summer's been gorgeous so far so we've been mostly outside.
    Anonymous

• No not really. DD gets to watch a dvd in the morning when i cook breakfast, when we eat we shut the TV off and it usually stays off until after nap time on sunny or rainy days.. If it is rainy I will play games with her or I will have her follow me around the house and she'll help me clean up, well she makes more mess than she actually cleans but it keeps her busy and when we're done with all that it's almost nap time again...
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 2:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yes I do. I'm not usually energized on rainny days. My little guy is 19 months but he is just starting to like to watch t.v. But that's ok I think because we really don't watch a whole lot of t.v
    Patty414

Answer by Patty414 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• depends. On rainy days I clean more so the youngest gets more tv time or coloring time. I'm less want to get up and go.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009