My 21 month old keeps pushing children .

How would you discipline a child for that this young ? , I don't ever spank

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• time out works just fine at that age (for about 1.5 minutes- two minutes when they turn 2) - also you need to make sure that even if the other kiddo is a stranger that you go to the one that was pushed and pay attention to them. Say sorry for your little one and get on their level...THEN go to your kiddo and put them in time out- it shows that you need to have compassion for the one who was hurt.
    Don't be too alarmed though- pushing at 21 months is TOTALLY normal :)
    Anonymous

• I would tell my child that hurting another person is not acceptable behavior. that hands are for hugging and if he/she does it again he/she will go in time out.
    And then follow through. Your TODDLER is not a baby any more and is asking for you to put down some consistant rules. GL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009