I want to start trying for another baby but..?

I had my son almost 3 months ago and I had him by c-section.I didn't have any complications.Would it be alright to try for another soon?

krystaldawn_21

Asked by krystaldawn_21 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Another question was asked recently about how long you should medically wait between pregnancies. Many women have said that especially with c-section it's advisable to wait a year to 18 months. My personal opinion is that you should just call your doctor and talk to them. I've known people who have, by accident, gotten pregnant very soon after having their child and nothing was ever told to them by their doctor. But again, I think the best bet is to ask your own doctor to see his or her opinion on this.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If you're hopefully for a vaginal delivery then I think it's best to wait and let your body heal a little longer first.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• According to most Ob/Gyns you should wait 12 months before trying to be pregnant again to let your body fulling recover to avoid early pregnancy complications. Talk to your doctor first before planning!
    MamaMindx

Answer by MamaMindx at 7:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, but you really should let your body heal. It's not just the c-section area that needs to heal... your organs were smooshed for several months & they need time to bounce back too.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2008