Piercing

How many of you have little girls with pierced ears? At what age did you get them done? My aunt got her daughters ears pierced when they were still babies.. My mom got mine pierced when I was around 6 or so and I still remember how much I hated it and I have uneven holes because I jerked in fear after they pierced the first one.. and my little sister who is now 21 has never had hers pierced out of fear.. So what is the best age to get your daughters ears pierced?

Faeriebrat

Asked by Faeriebrat at 1:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Got my dd's done when she was 2 months it was my birthday present we got it done on my birthday!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I had my ears pierced at five. I actually remember screaming and being upset. I had my dd's ears pierced at 4 months old. She didn't even cry. I have had no problems with her ears, and I am really happy that I went ahead and made the decision to have them pierced. It did make her look so much older though. I kinda felt like I lost my baby in a way. : ( lol
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I got mine done when I was 6 for a birthday present (best ever!). I got it done at Claire's. They had two of the workers do each ear at the same time and I got to hold a teddy bear. I remember distinctively just saying "Ow" but it not hurting that bad. I went at age 17 and got my ears pierced once more on each side and then a third time on my lobe on my right ear. I was way more afraid and it did sting more than the first holes. And the third hurt worse than the second. :S My husband and I decided to wait until our dd can take care of them and if she wants them :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I just got my DD's done at 3 1/2 mos. I'm half-Mexican and it's just a cultural thing for me. I had mine pierced on the way home from the hospital after I was born! My friend who went with me and is also Mexican had hers piereced the day after she was born by her aunt with a needle! That's just the way we do it. I don't really understand ppl. who think it's wrong or crazy-- who doesn't have pierced ears? They don't even sell clip-ons anymore, come on ppl! My baby looks sooo cute and they have not bothered her at all since she had them done, not even when we clean them.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I was 8. It was a birthday present. Jewelery counter at JC Penny's lol. My DD's I waited until they asked and then we had them done.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my mom had mine pierced at a very young age, I don't even remember getting it done. I just know that they've always been pierced.....lol. When I was older, maybe 17 or so, I got 1 more on each side && 1 on the top cartilage of my right ear done.

I don't have a daughter, but if I ever do I would probably get them done while she was very young.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I was 6 when I had mine done, they came out a month later because they got infected(that was a fun trip to the doctors!)
    Never again will I get my ears peirced at Claire's, I have to get them done at a tattoo shop now because of scartissue. And I still haven't gotten around to getting them redone. Eventually I will because I want to gauge them out a bit.

When I have my next child, and if its a girl, I won't get her ears done until she decides if she wants them done or not.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009