I want to run away!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like a single mom, I pretty much am, a stay at home single mom. My husband leaves before I wake up, gets home at 6, 4 nights out of the week he has meetings he has to go to, when he is home he's tired, I feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me. Yesterday he was free, and took our son out shopping, and to the park. I made dinner which I ate by myself while the other two kids were crying at me. I have three kids, they are all making me crazy right now!!! I hate what I look like, I'm starting to hate my life. There are less and less happy moments in my days. I don't know what to do anymore, How do I get happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Unless you have walked a mile in the shoes of a REAL SAH SINGLE MOM don't you ever say you feel like one. That's just demeaning as you sit there with your husband who provides for you and you are so ungrateful that you whine. Most single moms deal with all their crying kids all the time and without help. Oh woe is you for daddy coming home at six...at least he comes home and he even takes one of the kids to help you out. Do you have to worry about how to feed them like a single mom does? NO! or how to keep a roof over your head and that of your children? NO!!!! You make me so angry I want to scream. You have no clue what it's like to raise 3 kids as a single mom. So you want to be happy? Then be grateful. Thank him for what he does not what he doesn't do. Read the book For Better or for Best by Gary Smalley and change your life and quit whining. For goodness sakes quit comparing yourself to women who have a real struggle
    Anonymous

• You need to tell your husband how you are feeling. He can't fix something that he doesn't know is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I agree with talking to your husband. It also sounds like you may need to hit up a babysitter and have a romantic night with your husband.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Mim sorryaybe you can try counseling. It seems that you are not communicating with each other and a counselor can help you with it. Good Luck!

SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I've been feeling the same way lately, Good Luck!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I know what you're going through! It's hard to be home all day with kids and not have any affection or quality time from your spouse. You really need to talk to your husband. He's tired from working, you're tired from running after children, and you both need some r&r together. The babysitter suggestion is one that I agree with 100%!!!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Also, try to dress to make you feel better about you. Even if it's just doing a hairstyle you like, or putting those favorite jeans on during the day. You said you hate the way you look, I had that feeling when I stayed home too...try to do something each day to make you feel better about you. Regardless of how small it is
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Like the posts above said, you need to talk to your husband. I mean he may not be able to change his work schedule, most people can't just decide when they work, but he can do more to help out when he is home. Having one date night every two weeks is a start. But on those date nights make the rule no talking about the kids or work or house hold chores/etc. Make it fun and reconnect as husband and wife. To get yourself feeling better about your appearance, I say start taking walks with your kids during the day. The exercise (even if you don't need to lose weight) will make you feel wonderful. Make sure you are eating healthy, and if you can afford it, go out and get new haircut (most salons start at about $15-$20 for a basic women's cut) and have hubby watch the kids one day while he's off so you can take a few hours and go shop the clearance racks for a nice new outfit.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Seek counseling and a doctor. Sounds like depression. Good luck.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 2:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Make a list of things you are thankful for even if you have a hard time reaching for something. Write down everything you love about your kids and your husband. Try meditation which is basically closing your eyes and focusing on your breath for a given amount of time start with 10 minutes. Write a list of things you want to accomplish in your life. Cut pictures out of a magazine of the things you want and put them up on your wall where you can look at them everyday. Be thankful in every day and stop focusing on negativity. I would also advise you to watch "the secret". It can give you a lot of practical advice about how to reach hapiness. Also email me and I can hook you up with a good support group that does conference calls via skype(all free). Here is a link to watch the movie for free:

http://consciousflex.blogspot.com/2008/01/secret-full-movie-aka-law-of-attraction.html
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009