Do they really think they are fooling us?

Ok, so i watch So You Think You Can Dance and last night they had a new singer on. It you watch you know who i am talking about. Well really who do they think they are fooling when they sing, like Brittany Spears. You can SOOOO tell they are lipping it! There is NO way they can sing and dance like that with out sounding the slightest bit outwinded. So why even act like you are singing it? Really just let them play your song and you do your dance? Its like the begining of American Idol when they all sing, its prerecorded because they cant dance and sing...well if other singers can do it...If you cant dance and sing you shouldnt put on preformances. Ok, I am done ranting now! ;) LOL anyone else think this?

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 2:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I AGREE! When I go to a concert, I want to hear the artist SING, leave the dancing to the back up dancers. Even on TV. I'd rather hear the artist live. If I wanted to hear it pre-recorded, I'd put on the CD. I just saw Gwen Stefani and girl was all over the stage and was still able to sing.
    Anonymous

• It is called entertaining for a reason.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yes but i think they should be able to do their "JOB" if that is what they are doing? would your boss (or children) let you pretend all the time? LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Their job is to entertain. There is no clause that says if you are a singer, you must be able to sing and dance at the same time.

People buy cd's to hear their voices, people attend performances to see their artists and to be entertained. They are not deceitfully plotting to see if the audience will believe they are actually singing, they put up performances and some things aren't just humanly possible. By your standards, then shows like Peter Pan shouldn't be allowed in Broadway because who are they fooling, Peter really can't fly. It is entertaining it is not meant to be real.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009