What do you do when your husband is not bringing home enough money ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• uhh get a job????!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Get a job yourself. Common sense.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 2:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try to work on a budget. Eliminate some expenses that are not truly needed, etc.
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I work too, and if we ever were to find ourselves in a bind, one or both of us would take on a second job. You just have to do what ever it takes to support your family; if it isn't feasible for your husband to work more or take a second job, then you have to do something.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I work at home to bring in extra money. http://y5b.org
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Cutting back on unnecessary things is a first, then concentrate on what he/you/or both can do to bring in extra money. My husband and I both do MonaVie and it works awesome for both of us. It is something we can help each other with. That means we can grow our business much faster since we both have a passion for it. I would love to share more. www.monavie.com Please contact me.

BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You need to lower your expenses, live on a budget, and if those things together don't make the income liveable then you need to get a job (if you aren't already working) and your husband will need to take on a part time second job. He can deliver pizzas or newspapers and make some decent extra money. Your could wait tables a few hours a night a few days a week and do well too. I would start with making a budget, get rid of the unnecessaries like cable, phone and internet. Sell a car, have a yard sale, anything that gets you caught up. Also go to the library and check out the book The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, it will help you figure things out.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• cut out every non essentioal and go get a job yourself. IF he works days you get an evening job. If he works nights you work in the day if you don't have a babysitter.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• How much more money do you need, over what time period ?

Don't borrow or get into debt.

Have you considered further education, to get a higher paying job ?
    Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 3:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You help him find a better job or you find a job.Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?If you have a computer with high speed internet &Microsoft Office Pro &have at least intermediate MS Office skills,you may be able to find work as a virtual assistant(VA).There is a company located near me that matches up VAs &clients called VSI;the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.The owner is Tracey Wallace.Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business?I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement &sells them to boutiques. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009