Did you ever wonder...

if the reason people and places have to post warnings that seem to be common sense, is because enough people were actually stupid enough to do them?
Like a phamplet I got from my OBGYN at a prenatal exam stating "if your water breaks, do NOT have sex" Seriously, are women actually doing this?
I had a CT scan done a week or so back. The lazer on the machine can cause blindness, so they had to put a sticker for us to see when laying there warning us "do not look directly into lazer beam." Or how about "No diving" signs in shallow pools...really, are people this dumb that we need to have warnings? Or do you think it is more to legally cover the company/doctors butt?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really think people are that dumb LOL
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think its both of those reasons.
    Anonymous

• The signs are to prevent lawsuits IMO.
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 2:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• They do not want to get sued.So they can always say that they warned you in writing either by documentation or by signs.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think it's for legal reasons. Also, some people really are that ..absent minded.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• ya some people are stupid but mostly its for legal issues.i have a german shepherd and on my door i have a beware of dog sign not because i think he will bite just because i dont want anyone to have a heart attack when they come up the stairs and there she is.she is scary looking and she does bark...but she doesnt bite.so its for there own good.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Perhaps you ladies are right, maybe it is a bit of both, but have you ever read things like "live wires, do not touch!" Or even "wet paint, do not touch" Or how about "barbed wire, do not touch" and actually feel the need to touch? Call me crazy, but I have never had the overwelming urge to touch a live wire!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• look up crazy laws
    JULIAN01

Answer by JULIAN01 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It is both! How many times has a person seen a sign that says "Do not use cell phones while pumping gas" and it never fails, I always see someone chattin on their phone. Don't know if anything bad has actually happened because of someone using their phone at the pump, but if there is a sign that says don't do it, I'm not doing it!!
    Anonymous

• One on Children's Tylenol says "Do not operate heavy machinery". Damn because my 3 year old was scheduled to start construction this afternoon...
    Anonymous