Please Help!!!

My SO and his uncle and a few other guys have been renting the house for 2 or 3 months now and the realator came over last night to tell them that the house if in forclosure and they need to find somewhere else to live, can they do that that means when they moved in the house was already not being paid for, his uncle wants to sue her and says they have a paper that him and the owner signed saying that the house was not in forcluse before they moved it so if he does have that paper can they do anything about it??? Please help SO is bringing me the papers tonight to read

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• If she doesn't have any money, suing won't do anything.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I know it's just a horrible situation, but there are now five people without a home and they at least need the rent that they have paid her, and there realtor says she doesn't have anymore houses for rent in that area which is crap there are tuns, I tolled SO to just start calling. The owners never fixed anything in the house and the realtor doesn't want to help with anything
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Where are you from? In utah... I was reading something that said that in MAY they passed a law saying that if a house that is rented goes into foreclosure, the landlord has to give the renters 90 days notice to move out... they cannot come to them at the last minute and make them move before then... I would look into it in your state... I cannot believe that landlord is such an @ss!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Las vegas, NV
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• That's so wierd that you are asking about this because they were talking about this on the news a couple weeks ago. They said on the news if your landlord goes into foreclosure can break your lease and they have to give you 90 days to move. If I can find a link on this, I will post it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009