Potty training

My daughter is 24 months old, and I have started the dreded potty traing. She knows when she pees, and will actually run to the bathroom right as she starts to go. Now My question is, since this is my first, is it normal for them to have more accidents in the beginning and then get better?? We went through tons of underwear yesterday due to accidents and I'm wondering if maybe she's just not fully ready yet?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Have you tried pull ups yet? Those worked wonders for us....
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i would just keep doing what you are. she is ready to start if she takes herself into the bathroom, thats really good! expect good days and bad days for awhile. sometimes they are doing really well for a few weeks and then regress a little... its normal. we just put up with the mess until they got the hang of it. sometimes "big kid" diapers can confuse them, after all it is still a diaper. good luck!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my dd did the exact same thing, i let her go "nakey butt" as much as she wanted during the day when she was potty training and one time i seen her looking like she was about to poop and i picked her up and rushed her to the potty and she pooped in the potty and i did the victory song and dance and she never pooped in her diaper again :) i went through 3 different "big girl potties" because she wouldnt use them, i finally got the small potty that fits over the big potty and she's a pro now. :) ...except at night, she still wears diapers to bed, but thats it. i tried the pull-ups, but they are expensive and kids know they're the same as a diaper. i'd say keep doing what your doing and it will happen soon, just be calm when you get tired of changing and washing panties, i think it goes a lot smoother for both of you when you keep your cool. good luck:)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009