Has anyone ever used evening primrose oil?

If you have how long did it take to work? Would you use it again? What was you experience with using it? How did you use it?

jombmomi

Asked by jombmomi at 2:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I will NOT do this again. My OB had me do this the night before I was induced because it can soften the cervix and help get labor going, first putting 5-8 of those gel capsules up there is NOT fun.....you leak rose oil ALL night and it did NOTHING for me.

The only funny thing was I could say my Vagina smelled like roses....and it was actually true!

It's a waste of time, a semi comfy night of sleep, sheets, and money!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• you can go to google.com and put evening primrose oil in and it will tell you lots of different things. Your supposed to start taking it like a few weeks or mths before labor. You can take it oral or put it inside u
    Anonymous

• I tried it and it didn't work for me. We emptied the capsules into a bown and then I guess you could say poured as much in my va gay gay as we could lol... I doubt I will try it again seeing as how it didn't work.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I loved it. It made my cervix soft and active labor was only 2 hours! I started taking at 35 weeks orally then both at 38 weeks
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 8:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009