Can You Use A Tampon If You Have A C-Section?

I'm having a baby in a few months and I'm having a repeat c-section. I was wondering why I have to use a pad if I'm not giving birth vaginally. Can't I use a tampon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm assuming due to the possibility of infection. I just had a repeat c-section on May 15th and they were VERY clear in not putting ANYTHING up there (including having sex) until 6 weeks.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I wouldnt do it b/c I remember after I had my baby I had large clots, I want them to come out not be stuck up in there until I remove the tampon.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Nope, looking online real quick all the medical websites say to not use tampons for post-partum bleeding because they can cause infections in the vagina or uterus.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009