Did anyone see the episode of BABY STORY where the woman had a son born with no fingers on his left hand?

I think that was so brave of them to show their shock on tv. They said they decided to go ahead and air their episode to possibly help someone who was in the same situation.

She handled it so well when they showed her in the delivery room. I think I would have broke down crying.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 2:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• when a child is born... your child is born.... to you... it beautiful no matter what!!! Have you EVER met anyone that thought their child was ugly? NO!!!! Cause a mother looks past any imperfections that another person might focus on... Maybe that is why she didnt break down and cry!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Nobody is perfect... except your own child once it is born! Through the eyes of a mother! :)
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• He did have little stumps I believe....I graduated with a kid who had that condition...he was a very happy and popluar teenager, and he was REALLY sweet! he was also an AMAZING athlete...

I thought that little baby was adorable...he was PERFECT through his parents eyes...THAT'S REAL LOVE! :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oh absolutely, I didnt mean anything was wrong with him. I was just amazed at his parents strength and bravery.

I feel like I would have cried b/c I would have first thought of the things that would be hard for him. Not that its impossible but he will struggle with some things I am sure.

And they were going to try some surgeries to lengthen his fingers too, I would cry about having to put my babies through that.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009