Child Support in CA

Does anyone know if my son goes to live with his dad will I have to pay child support?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 2:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Most likely.
    I have my DSS and his BM is supposed to be paying child support. She lives out of state. We live in California. The case is here in California.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes, you probably will.
    hcashe216

Answer by hcashe216 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If he asks the court and they grant it you will. I have a friend that has a Daughter and received child support from ex husband when her daughter turned 14 she went to live with her dad and in turn to be spiteful went to court and requested child support in which he was granted. This is In CA!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes if you are the NCP you will more than likely going to end up paying CS unless of course you are able to work something out with the father
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Not to sound rude...but why would you think you WOULDN'T have to pay? Your son will not be living with you right?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009