Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support in CA

Does anyone know if my son goes to live with his dad will I have to pay child support?

Answer Question

Asked by dillonsma at 2:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 5 (81 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Most likely.
    I have my DSS and his BM is supposed to be paying child support. She lives out of state. We live in California. The case is here in California.

    Answer by outstandingLove at 2:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

  • Yes, you probably will.

    Answer by hcashe216 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

  • If he asks the court and they grant it you will. I have a friend that has a Daughter and received child support from ex husband when her daughter turned 14 she went to live with her dad and in turn to be spiteful went to court and requested child support in which he was granted. This is In CA!

    Answer by neveragain17 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

  • Yes if you are the NCP you will more than likely going to end up paying CS unless of course you are able to work something out with the father

    Answer by hautemama83 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

  • Not to sound rude...but why would you think you WOULDN'T have to pay? Your son will not be living with you right?

    Answer by Soniam301 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.