Christians(or those that believe in prayer) When you hear an ambulance

go by or hear of a tragic story on the news do you say a quick prayer? If you hear of someone being sick or hurt do you pray for them? I fell down while I was pregnant and a lady put her hand on my arms and said a quick prayer for the baby and me. I thought it was very sweet of her to think of us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I say a prayer
    Anonymous

• I hear the calls all day long and when comes in I always say * I hope all is ok*, but there are those calls that you already know the outcome and then my thoughts go out to the family and all those who were directly involved in the rescue.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I always try to say a quick prayer for an ambulance or stories that get my attention.
    Anonymous

• Hell no, I say I hope everybody is okay. I hope they make it. But I will never in a million years shut down somebody's throat my believe system like the lady who put her hands in you and prayed for you and your baby. What about if you were a none believer? It is a dangerous territory. I have people trying to touch my child and say a prayer and they have gotten a surprise they were not expecting. Sending good wishes is one thing, imposing your believe system in somebody else is another.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm atheist but was raised roman catholic. My mother taught me to ALWAYS stop and say a prayer whenever any emergency vehicle passed and to cross myself anytime I saw a funeral at a cemetary.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I do. In fact, people at work will come and ask me to pray for them. I do,every single time. In fact, I had a boss at one job, who I prayed with in her office one day. And another girl who's friend had been killed in a car wreck. I was in the break room,and she came specifically seeking me out (she told me so),and asked me to pray with her. We did right then and there. I'm not telling this to brag,but just to show that it doesn't matter where or when it is, you can always pray for and with someone. God is always present,and wants us to pray to Him.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I usually put out a bit of energy and hope they are alright/no one was hurt, etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Ever since I was a child I said a quick prayer if an emergency vehele goes by - and now my kids do too. I also say prayers when I hear a tragic story.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• stvmen88 That is so wonderful. When I went to this school where they had daycare for my DD one of the workers was christian and when I had a problem I had her pray for me and with me. She always did and probably still does. She was very very sweet and you seem like you are too. Yes I always hope everything is alright and if someone were to have prayed with me if I fell when I was pregnant I would have welcomed it with open arms. My moms friend put me in her prayer group when I was pregnant because I was on bedrest and I thought it was so sweet I loved it. I found it very christian-like to think of me like that.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm actually still in a habit of crossing myself whenever an ambulance goes by. I guess it goes back to my introduction to my relationship with God in the Catholic church. I usually cross myself and lower my head in a short, meaningful moment of silence, and my heart goes out to them in prayer.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009