Getting married in a Church:

Do you leave the flowers on the later or take them with you? I was told not to remove any flowers from the alter. There was a funeral right before our wedding and the flowers remained. We left the flowers on the alter but took the RIP banner off. The priest told me they give the flowers away to the nursing home. Because they were not going to keep them for Sunday services my mom ask if we could keep them. One of our friends had a wedding which there was two wedding scheduled. She was the first one. If there is another wedding after yours that same day would if be acceptable to take the flowers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally left mine as a gift to the minister's wife. but if there is another wedding after yours and the church will not use them, then i think it is ok to ask for them. however i believe they will bring the nursing home much greater joy, a small way to show kindness to others! if you want them for sentimental reasons, yoiu could always clip one to dry later.
    Anonymous

• We carried ours to the fellowship hall for the reception and then took them back to the sanctuary for Sunday's service. After that they went to shut-in's.

Answer by Bmat at 3:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• All of our flowers were fake. My mom did such a gorgeous job on them we had bees landing on them!
    Anonymous

• If I had paid for the florist separately and it wasn't part of the church package or something, then I would take the flowers.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We left one set of flowers as a gift to the church, but all the rest went with us to the reception.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2009