How To Prevent Tearing? (35 weeks pregnant)

I have heard about massaging you perineum but I have no idea how you are suppose to do it. I have heard of sitting on ball and I also heard massaging with your hands with some olive oil. Any whoo if you have any idea please leave a comment.

thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've heard that helps...I never did do that

my nurse had me stop pushing through a few of my contractions (after I'd pushed for about 10mins) and let my body do the pushing. she told me it would really help to stretch me out...it was hard to not push...but I just tried to take big deep breaths. and it really did work, I did have one tiny tear, but it didn't even need stitches, so :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Gentle fisting can help.
    Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 3:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• google perineum stretching.... it explains how you do it. i wish i would have known about it before i had my daughter...i ripped...plus had to be cut.ended up having almost 250 stitches. now that i am pregnant again..35 weeks with a boy... i will def be trying that this time to avoid tearing.
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 4:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I used an EPI-NO - basically it does perineal stretching for you - not as awkward as with your hands... worked perfectly!
    mummee

Answer by mummee at 11:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2009