When has your "snap judgement" been proven wrong?

Around here I see homeless people with NEW bikes all the time. When I see them I kind of think that the bike is stolen. [Since bikes are stolen a lot too.]

Well, I went to a bike shop to get my daughter a new bike and there was a homeless guy buying parts for his bike. The sales guy said he bought the bike there and every few months needs new parts (tire tubes, head light) and he comes in to buy them. I was happy to be corrected in my thinking. Next time I see a homeless person with a NEW bike I won't be so quick to assume the worst.

Have you had a similar experience that changed your thinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A girl started working in our office and at first I thought she was stuck up because whenever I would smile at her she would look away. I thought she thought she was better then me because she always dressed nice and I barely make our business casual dress code. We got to talking and now she's one of my closest friends! I never found out why she acted like that at first but it doesn't matter anymore. I think she was just shy about being the new girl.
    Anonymous

• I hired a painter because he said his company was a Christian company and I figured he would deal honestly with me if he was religious. Instead it was a very bad experience- a job that should have taken two weeks took three months, and the work was shoddy.

Answer by Bmat at 3:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My son has a friend who has been in prison,married a few times,and has some kids he doesn't get to see. I thought he was a bum,and a drunk. He and my son have now started their own business together,and he has made my son co-owner. They are working very hard,and he'd do anything for my son. I was wrong about him, and I'm glad my son has him for a friend.
    Anonymous