If you or your child has Godparents:

How active are they in the God Child's life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a godparent to my neice and nephew and try to be active in their lives. My siblings are godparents to my children and they are active in their lives. My godparents were not as ative in my life when I was a child - my godfather was in the air force and so they travelled a lot and had their own families. However, when I was older and struggling with my faith and had several questions, my godparents lived in the area and we had some good talks. I do appreicate them.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My dd sees her Godparents quite a bit and has a relationship with them. Im not sure they avve taught her much if anything about God, but they do play with her and come to her b-day parties, and we do social things with them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I am not really sure what a Godparent does, but the family that would take my child if something were to happen are relatives that we see several times a year and they attend b-day parties etc even though they are 45 mins away.
    Anonymous

• In the Catholic religion godparents are suppose to help the parents raise the child in the Catholic faith and that usually involves being good examples of practicing Catholics. It doesn't have anything to do with who is going to take care of your children if something happens to you - that's a legal question, not a religious one. (And a very important legal question!) Parents really should draw up wills and guardainship paperwork to make sure their wishes are carried out if something happens to them. If you want godparents to take care of hildren - then it's important you make that clear in the right paperwork - just being a godparent doesn't give anyone any legal rights.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My final act of revenge is leave my entire brood to my SIL if I die. All of them...every last one of them even the two fighting over the cat right now. i will be cackling in my grave :-)
    *just a joke(kind of) she is the one who is financialy and stable enough to raise them.
    Anonymous

• My Godparents. I only see one My godfather is one of my dad's brothers. I dont see my nanny (godmother anymore because she is in another state. I have seen or talked to her since I was 12 if not youger. But, as far as my godfather we talk holidays and he calls/sends cards for my bday.

My dd Godpartents are really active in her life have been since I was pg with her. Her godmother is my little sister (we have been really close for a long time.) and her husband is the godfather. (have known him for years..even longer then his wife haha. so we are all really close.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My Godparents didn't really take an interest until how my mother was treating me turned for the worst. They realized there was nothing they could do to make my life better and that by speaking up it would make it worse. My oldest's Godparents call to check in on him and send him gifts everynow and then (they live in NM where my husband is from and we are in PA). My youngest just got baptised on Monday.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009