am i REALLY supposed to let my babys daddy be single as well as me?

i want to be with him and have a good family the 3 of us but hes having 2 much fun partying i guess.. do i ask for him back and tell him hello we have a family lets get together and try and make it work or let it be if he doesnt come to me??? =[

PriscillaMum

Asked by PriscillaMum at 3:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• He probably enjoys the single life so let it be.
    Anonymous

• If I were you, I would knock him upside his head and tell him that he's a daddy now and needs to calm down the partying lol... But in all seriousness, if you really want to be with him and think that it will work out then yes you should ask him back. But if you know deep down that it's not going to work out and he's not going to stop doing what he is doing then let him be. There is more fish in the sea and he'll realize what he's missing out on when he see's you're over him.
    wcostner

Answer by wcostner at 3:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If you're both teenagers or early 20's, then THIS would be why you shouldn't have had a child with a BOY who has not grown up yet, and sowed those wild oats!!! Boys SHOULD be "playing the field" in their 20's, and getting it all out of their system, then, when they've completed their education, established some sort of stable career, saved some money, THEN they should be thinking about settling down and raising a family.

I tell young women ALL the time (I'm a school psychologist), that they OWE IT TO THEMSELVES to use reliable forms of birth control (as in telling a guy you're NOT on BC, when in fact you are, to make him wear a condom, thereby DOUBLING your protection), so as not to be "stuck" raising a child on your own, or at least until your man grows up.

Sadly, too many young women refuse to heed my advice.
    Anonymous

• I married my highschool sweetheart when I was 19yrs old(same year we had our son). He to loved the party life and would always go out. After 5 yrs of this and many many fights...I told him it was either me or his friends.

He chose his friends and I divorced him and I am tellin ya that it is the BEST choice I EVER made!!! The right choice is never the easiest
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You are aware that you cannot force anyone to take on thier responsibilities...he has chosen what he wants to do in his life, therefore, you need to do what's best for you and the baby and right now, he's not the best for the baby or you
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My momma used to always say if a man wants something bad enough then nothing will stop him from getting it. Sorry, but it sounds like settling down and being a family is not something he wants. If you force him he might spend the rest of your life making you miserable for it. I'd let it be his idea.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• why spin your wheels trying to get a child to grow up. he doesn't want to be with you otherwise he would. i feel sorry for the decision you guys made to have a child that now has to grow up with a split family. the best thing you can do now is just make sure that you don't try to get this loser back into the childs life and get one of your own. with time he'll either come around or a much nicer guy. for now though totally forget this child you had a baby with. i agree with anon. people keep your leggs closed if your bf sucks.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Plan on being single. It sounds like that is what you are anyway. Don't try to force him to be with you. He is what he is. You can't just wave a magic wand a have a good family. He may grow up. Let's hope so. In the meantime focus on your child and taking care of him. Learn a good lesson here. You have no commitment here at all. Stop sleeping with him. You don't need two children to raise by yourself. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 6:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009