Mattress size?

So this probably belongs in home and garden but more people look here... I want to by a bedding set for my bed, only problem... I don't know what size my mattress is... I believe its a full, but it could be a queen as I don't know the difference... I've also heard of the size "double"... so my question is what's the difference between full, double, and queen, and is there a way to know what size mine is without measuring with a tape measure? (my DS broke the tape measure about a week ago :( I also believe my mattress is one size bigger then a twin, so if anyone knows which of those 3 above is the next size up that would be helpful to
THANKS!!

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• one size bigger than twin is full
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• queen is bigger, i'd go with it just to be safe, if it's a little big it'll still look okay but if it's too small it will look stupid
    Anonymous

• invest in another tape measurer, way cheaper than a bedding set
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• or use a piece of string to measure the mattress then bring the string to the store and measure it with the tape measurer there if you're really cheap
    staciandababy

• Most comforter/sheet sets list Full and Queen as the same size.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• No I disagree, full and double are the same size, it is one up from the twin. Then queen and king.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Smallest to largest = Twin, full (same as double), queen, king, California king (same width as a regular king, but longer). Comforter sets that are marked as "Full/Queen are simply sized halfway between, so they fit either one. Same for any other comforter set that has two sizes on it. I've seen comforters marked Twin/Full, Full/Queen and Queen/King it just means the comforters aren't exactly sized. Mattresses are usually made to industry standards as to size.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Are you serious? My 12 year old knows the different mattress sizes.

Go get your neighbor and ASK them. There are not many adults that don't know matress sizes.... or the next time you are at a friend's house ask them what size their matress is and determine if yours is the same, bigger or smaller. The posts above tell you the size order.
    Anonymous

• So since I can read miss anon, and I can clearly identify the above posts list the size order, and i don't give 2 sh*ts what your 12 year old can and can not do, the point of your comment was what??? I did ask a neighbor, and I believe 7 of them answered my question before you came along. If your 12 year old is as B*tchy as you are they have a long hard road ahead of them.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thanks for your help ladies, I got a super cute bedding set and it fits perfect! :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009