CS payment

I am just curious my DH currently pays 1600 a month in CS however because they automatically take half of his paychecks it is literally killing us we can hardly afford anything including groceries, he is going into court this month for a modification hearing, but even with a modification they say he will still be paying at least 1000 a month which isnt too bad but at the same time the problem lyes in the fact that his pay varies from day to day week to week and so on and his base pay is only $400 a week which is only 1600 a month, all the rest is comission so my question is how can they order him to pay more based on his comission when its not a guarenteed amount every month, and what do we do if they order a certain amount and he makes less than that that month? As it is we can hardly afford things for our 10 month old, so what do we do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm curious why its so much if he makes so little. How many kids is he supporting?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• 2 kids its honestly really high considering his pay varies so
    Anonymous