Info resource for those considering adoption...

Some of you may already know about this, but I found a website where women considering placing babies and couples considering adopting can learn about an agency's reputation. It is http://www.adoptionagencyratings.com. Not all agencies have ratings yet, but some have a great deal of feedback from people who have used them.

I am not planning to adopt again, but thought this might help people to avoid some of the agencies that have promised the world to emoms and then not followed through. I really believe that PAPs would rather work with an ethical agency, and can use some help knowing how to find one.

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 3:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Adoption

• One of the interesting things about this site is that the agency can reply when there is a negative rating. If you ever wondered what the agency would say in response to some of the claims that are made by women on here, you can see first hand. It is an eye opener to realize how much information may have been left out of the story when it was told by the disgruntled poster.

Some really have bad experiences, some are complaining after the fact when their rights were completely respected and the law was followed to the tee.
    Anonymous

• I have a link to the same site on my infant adoption group, but good idea to post it here; Thanks. I also think most paps would rather adopt from an ethical agency.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thanks! I didn't know you had it posted. That's good. I found it by following the links from the profile of one of the bmoms who visits here. Neither of the agencies we used has any ratings yet, and I won't do it. Of course I'm happy. It would mean more if the rating came from a bmom, and I can't speak for them. I think it would be a really good thing if every bmom who feels up to it makes sure to post a rating for the agency she used (if she used one). When we were first looking into adoption, it never occurred to me that anyone (agency, aparents, or anyone else) would not keep their word. I'm a little on the gullible side, I've been told.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thanks for the info, anon 6:20. I guess it's only fair that they should be able to give their side.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Anon 6:20 has a good point but remember there are THREE sides to every story. My view, your view, and the truth.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2009