Why does it seem that cut-and-dry, witty, honest people are told that they're "bitter" and "cold?"

I dunno, at least to me, those two descriptions don't go together.

(I'm saying this here because I read this in an answer in this section.)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• because no one likes hearing the truth with no sugar coating
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I actually see some very bitter people with cold hearts. So I think they are told this because their words come across as bitter or cold.
    Anonymous

• But you thinking their heart is cold is an opinion, not a fact. They may be a very warm and loving person, but you've made the decision to believe that they're not.

Or you just met them under the wrong circumstances, either one.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• well you just have a very good day caitxrawks. I am not sure if this post will do anything but inflame or become cheap jabs. That is my decision and it is my choice to just walk away. Sweet day to you. :-)
    Anonymous

• LOL that's why the anon's don't like me!  ROFLMAO!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yeah, I'm with you beeky. Alot of anons don't like me either. Well, I have one who is a bit of a stalker, but I think we all know who that is.
    OP, I think it is because people don't like to hear other people say things that go against what they believe. Like if I were to say that not all Pagan dance around naked in the woods on full moons, there would probably be several people who would think I am lying. And alot of people get upset that someone else doesn't like or understand the way they believe and they find it insulting.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Because they prefer to debate the person rather than the issue. If they knew enough about the issue to say something sensible, they wouldn't have to attack the person instead.

I say this of course, not knowing the specific instance you are referring to lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would not use the term bitter unless i was around someone that spouted constant negativity, making predictions that have true real basis.

Cold I might would use because you can be honest and even witty without being blatantly rude. if you are commenting on a person or even an article, you can be both honest and witty without being nasty and demeaning their person. it's one thing to think something is stupid beyond measure (it's hard to control emotions) but no matter how dumb something appears, there is always a wittier and more compassionate way to get your point across. the cut and dry version would be say nothing at all if you're pressed for time and can only leave a quick derogatory remark. you never know what capabilities or even disadvantages they possess, so it's just being a better human in general to be a litte nicer.

Anonymous

• meant NO true basis*
    Anonymous

• because ignorance breeds hate... those that hate.. speak of others as cold and bitter because they can't accept the cold hard truth of things even when it's looking right at their faces. So rather than try to investigate the truth.. they are the ones that become bitter.. and confuse their own bitterness for someone elses stated facts.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009