Is it normal to not feel the baby move?

I already whent to the doctor today because i hadent felt my little boy move in over 24 hours. I am 26 weeks and the doctor said that the baby was fine and i heared him move but i still dont feel him... whats happening?

ggglyprncss

Asked by ggglyprncss at 7:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe the baby has turned. Do something active, like vacuuming or go for a short walk... then come home, drink something cold & lie down on the couch for 20 minutes. He should give you a couple of kicks. Another time my baby likes to kick is when I get in the bathtub. You could try that too.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• drink something kind of sweet and lie down. OJ worked well for mine. You will probably feel more at night. Think of it this way.. when you are up walking around it's kind of like you are rocking him/her to sleep. When you stop moving then it's like hey what happened??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• The previous 2 answers are right - try to count kicks if you can. See how long it takes you to get to 10 kicks. If it takes more than 2 hours, call your doc just to be safe.
    amazon_jane21

Answer by amazon_jane21 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i had this same problem and my nurse recommended drinking COLD juice. really cold. the sugar and the temp. made helena move around. also, try laying on your left side.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Maybe he's sleeping..you know it's big business growing! He's probably Tiiiired.
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008