damn this gray hair

I am dark headed, and i have some highlights, but this freaking gray (almost silver like) just shines through. I have to constantly keep my highlights up to keep it camoflauged. And it is getting really expensive. I am thinking about just putting a solid color box color back on it and leaving it at that and just redoing it every 6 weeks or so when it starts shining. Any suggestions? I am not going to be able to keep getting it professionally done because i am due in august for our second baby and i am about to stop working to stay home. I am only 24 almost 25 why do i have so much gray strands coming through. they are all on the very top of the head.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am 21 with strands of grey hair on the top of my head.I have to color my hair all the time too. Sadly its genetic.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm 27 and have had gray through my hair since I was 21. At first, I would hide it by getting it colored professionally (I don't trust the box stuff), but that gets expensive. I've accepted it now and don't color my hair anymore. If I do get it colored, I usually get the color that is closest to my natural so I don't have to see roots coming in.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I am right there with you sister, or at least I was. I (used to) have very dark brown hair, started going grey at 19, started coloring at 24. In the early days, I had a professional henna every 8-10 weeks; after a few years, I started getting cellophane treatments to better cover the grey, then full blown color. Now that I am almost all grey, I get roots after about 3 weeks and can't afford to get my hair colored that often; I tried to do it my self a couple of times with disasterous results. Now I get my hair painted, covering about 75% of the grey (I am 49, an entitled to some grey). I can go 8-10 weeks without it looking awful, though I usually go about 3 months because of the expense.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• well i,m 34 years old and i,v got alot of gray hair and i,v got to color my hair every time i can a forded it whitch not often.
    redsun

Answer by redsun at 10:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009