am i REALLY supposed to let my babys daddy be single as well as me?

i want to be with him and have a good family the 3 of us but hes having 2 much fun partying i guess.. do i ask for him back and tell him hello we have a family lets get together and try and make it work or let it be if he doesnt come to me??? =[
even if im like truly in love with this guy? i have LOTS of faith! =[ he used to tell me he loves me sooo much and he couldnt wait 4 the baby 2 come and wen she did he never paid attention 2 us...then he started saying im annoying and said he needed time 4 his friends but to be honest i feel its kinda my fault =/ so now i feel i have 2 go 2 him and PROVE good...but hes now playing games saying he will never get back with me lots of guys say that and its not true at all there just being boys BUT him.. its hard 2 tell if hes being 4real about it of course il let him go then.. lol but i dono!!!!!

PriscillaMum

Asked by PriscillaMum at 3:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• He's being immature. And why don't you believe him when he says he'll never get back with you? That's all a guy would have to say to me for me to start moving on!
    Anonymous

• Of course it's reasonable to talk to him and say: Listen, I love you, we were a great couple and I want to work things out.
    How old are you guys? Because it can be difficult for young couples to keep together after baby comes. He may just need a break, or he may really not feel committed to you. It's worth having a serious talk with him, but try not to get too emotional and argue over it. It's easier to take someone seriously when they're calm. So if it helps, make a list of the points you want to talk about, and try to stay on topic. Think of all the ways the conversation will go, think of the compromises you'd be willing to make if he tried being a family with you guys. I know it's not fair, but if you told him you would give him the weekends or something he might be more accepting of the proposal. Let him know you're not trying to control him, you just want your family to be together. Good luck, PM me if you want
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sadly not all young people are ready to be parents. You can't force him to be a responsible dad and significant other. Chasing him probably won't do it either. I would concentrate on getting your GED and then starting your other classes. It's great that you have goals and want to do get educated. Try to concentrate on that and your baby. You're going to have to put your child first now. Be sure you set aside time for yourself so you don't get overwhelmed. Good luck!!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If you are staying together JUST because you have a baby together than it will never work there has got to be more than that there and if there isnt than why force it, you would really want him to just stay and be unhappy because he is being forced?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• First of all, never chase a man. You don't need to "prove" anything. If he can't see it, then he's not worth it. Second, You can't force someone to love you. You can't make him want to be with you and pining over him won't work. A person's actions speak louder than his/her words. It doesn't matter what he said to you before. His actions don't reflect that now. You need to forget him and move one. It's his loss, not yours. You're right, it's faith. God took him out of your life, to bring you someone better.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 6:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Believe him. And don't worry about whose fault it is... both parties play a role in a relationship and the reason for a break-up. Go be the best mom you can be for your child. It's the most amazing experience you'll ever have.
    c.mom

Answer by c.mom at 8:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009