Religious traveling?

Have you ever been on a vacation and find the place to be a group of one particular religion? We just took a trip to northern NM it seemed the entire area was Catholic and almost all the souvenirs had a Catholic theme. (Like cheap rosaries and statues) I had more religion in one day than I do all week. I think it was great to have a spirit of God surrounding us the entire time. Are there other areas in the US like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I went to Mexico for a study abroad program in college(not really vacation but in some ways it was LOL) there was a high catholic population.
    Lots of beautiful churches to visit and enjoy. Saw lots of crucifixes and saint candles,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i am guessing if you go to Ireland, you would see alot of Catholics as well. The Catholic population you are referring to in NM is a hold over from when the missionaries where trying to convert the Natvie Americans who lived out there. It makes sense that alot of Catholics would be out there, since the missionaries were either Catholic or Protestant. Plus, I think Catholicism is the largest religion among Spanish speaking cultures, so that adds to it. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong, though.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009